- Region :- Uttarakhand
- Duration :- 8 Days
- Grade :- Moderate To Difficult
- Max Altitude :- 15,696 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km :- 53 Kms.
Roopkund trek in Seasons.
Summer Treks (April, May, June)
- Less colder
- More windy
- Weather is unpredictable
- Can't see human skeleton
- Roopkund is in frozen condition
- Higher camps covered with snow
- Natural source of drinking water are easily available
- Best for those who want to see snow and want to do a difficult level of trek
Autumn Treks (September, October, November)
- Less windy
- More colder
- Mostly clear weather
- Can see human skeleton
- No snow at any camp site
- Roopkund lake is properly visible
- Natural source of drinking water are limited
- Best for those who want to see greenery and want to do moderate level of trek
As far as we know Trishul is a scared weapon. But in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand, it is a massif which means group of three mountain peaks. The western Kumaon region holds the Trishul massif in which the famous glacial lake with large number of human skeletons is nuzzled. This glacial lake is called Roopkund and to witness this majestic site, you can head out to Roopkund Trek throughout the year. However the best time to go for Roopkund trek can either be snowy May or evergreen September, the choice is yours.
Grab the reasonable cost of Roopkund Trek packages from Delhi. Witness the human skeletons at a height of 15, 750 feet. Determine the driving distance of 9-11 hours from Kathgodam to base camp which is Lahajung and carry a map to your destination. You will come across many incredible sites with unique marvels of nature.
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
- Trek equipments (Sleeping bag, mattress, Kitchen & dinning tent, crampon, utensils, tent)
- All necessary permits and entry fees.
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
- Services from Kathgodam to Kathgodam.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- Note: TRVME expect from you to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don't want to carry your backpack, you can give it to porter/Mules, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay Rs. 700/- extra per day per bag. Max weight should be 9-10 kg/ bag
Lohargunj to Didna Village.Trek 6.5 km. 7,662 to 8,045 ft. Reach Didna before lunch. accommodation in village home stay. No local market but Network is available. Till ruan bagad bridge gradual descent (4.5 km). Refill your water bottle at ruan bagad bridge from Neel Ganga River. After ruan bagad bridge 2 hours of a steep ascent to Didna Village (2km).
Didna Village to Ali Bugyal.Trek 10.5 km. 8,045 to 11,320 ft. Accommodation in tent. Carry water and ors both. Reach Ali Bugyal by late noon. Keep your wind and waterproof handy. Tolpani is the last point for drinking water. First half of is through oak and rhododendron forest (Steep ascent). Second half of the trek is through big alpine meadows (gradual ascent).
Ali Bugyal to Patar Nachauni via Bedni Bugyal and Ghora Lotani.Trek 7 km. 11,320 to 12,818 ft. Easiest day of the trek. Accommodation in tent. Reach Patar Nachauni before lunch. Ali Bugyal to Bedni Bugyal (gradual ascent 2 km). Bedni Bugyal to Ghora Lotani (gradual ascent 4 km). Ghora Lotani to Patar Nachauni (gradual descent 1 km). Spend some time at Ghora Lotani good for acclimatization. Ware proper clothing.
Patar Nachauni to Bhagwabasa via Kalu Vinayak.Trek 4 km. 12,818 to 14,117 ft. Accommodation in tent. Reached Camp site by lunch. Patar Nachauni to Kalu Vinayak Tempel . (first 1 km is gradual ascent and rest 1.5 km is steep ascent). Kalu Vinayak to Bhagwabasa (gradual descent 1.5 km, become tricky in may and June). There will be snow on the trail in the month of may and jun and in sep and oct it will be a rocky trail.
Bhagwabasa to Roopkund to Patar Nachauni.Trek 10 km. 14,117 to 15755 ft. Accommodation in tent. Start your trek by 4:00 am. Climb to Roopkund is 3 km. Challenging day of the trek. Carry energy bars, ors and water. Breakfast will be at Roopkund top. Reach Bhagwabasa back by lunch time. Reach Patar Nachauni camp by evening. In Aug, Sep, Oct can see skeleton but no snow. In May and Jun snow will be there but can't see the skeleton.
Patar Nachauni to Lohajung via Bedni and Wan.Trek 15 km. 12,818 to 7,662 ft. Accommodation in guest house. Patar Nachauni to Ghora Lotani (1 km gradual ascent). Ghora Lotani to Bedni Bugyal (4 km gradual descent). Bedni Bugyal to Doliya Dhar (0.5 km gradual walk). Doliya Dhar to Ghaeroli Patal (3 km steep descent). Ghaeroli Patal to Neel Ganga (4 km steep descent). Neel Ganga to Ranka Dhar ( 1 km moderate ascent ). Ranka Dhat to Wan Village road head (1.5 km gradual descent). Wan Village to Loharjung ( 45 minutes drive, road condition is not good). Route :- Patar Nachauni - Ghora Lotani - Bedni Bugyal - Doliya Dhar - Ghaeroli Patal - Neel Ganga - Ranka Dhar - Wan Village - drive to Lohajung.
Loharjung to Kathgodam.10 hrs drive. Drive 210 km. Reach Kathgodam in evening.
- Day 1