- Duration: 7 Days | New Jalpaiguri to New Jalpaiguri.
- Region: West Bengal
- Max Altitude: 11,929 ft.
- Summer Temperature: Day (11-20°C) & Night (2-5°C)
- Trekking Distance: 47 Km.
- Group size: 10 to 15 plus TRVME team.
Sandakphu Trek Highlights:
- Sandakphu Trek is one of the most beautiful treks which will take you through some of the most unknown and unexplored parts of Sikkim and Nepal.
- During the trek you will come across the Mt Everest the snow peak which is said to bears bequest of the mythical stairway to heaven.
- You will also have the chance to camp under the brilliant night sky and that too with a bonfire.
- Pass through the small streams and witness the beauty of the whole region.
- Stop for a while and meet the friendly locals of villages and learn about their day to day life.
- Get a chance to witness the majestic sunrise on your fourth day.
- You will also find blooming Rhododendrons and Magnolia which will turn the forest with red, pink and white shades during spring and foliage hue during fall.
Ever heard of Darjeeling’s Singalila National Park on Singalila ridge at an elevation of somewhere 7000 feet? If you start climbing this ridge and desire to reach its highest point which is more than 10000 feet, you will reach the place called Sandakphu. It is the highest peak not only in Singalila ridge but also in the Ilam district of Nepal. So Sandakphu trek is the one by which you can taste the panoramic vistas of both the places of India and Nepal.
It is a trekker’s delight. Every passionate trekker experiences this stunning trek once in their lifetime. Sandakphu takes you through many pristine locations which you remember for the longest period of your life.
Buy India’s top rated Sandakphu trek package from Delhi at low cost. The best time to visit can be December for most enthusiastic people. Make an attempt to get a full guide and head out for it.
- All accommodation on double/triple sharing basis in trekker’s hut/lodge/camp.
- Vegetarian meals with eggs from Day 1 Dinner to Day 7 Lunch
- National Park visit
- Entry fee at the park.
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges.
- sleeping bags
- Safety equipment
- TRVME certified Trek leader.
- Services of guide
- A bunch of like-minded friends.
- Trek completion certificate.
- Vehicle Transfer charge from NJP/Darjeeling to Jaubhari.
- Vehicle Transfer charge from Sepi to NJP/Darjeeling.
- Travel Insurance.
- Personal expenses of any kind.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like-landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
Trek from Jaubhari (6,400 ft) to Tumling (9,450 ft); 11 km, 6-7 hours.
Trek from Tumling (9,450 ft) to Kalipokhri (10,400 ft); 13 km, 7 hours.
Trek from Kalipokhri (10,400 ft) to Sandakphu (11,950 ft); 6.5 km, 3 hours.
Trek from Sandakphu (11,950 ft) to Sabargram (11,807 ft); 14 km, 6 hours.
Trek from Sabargram (11,807 ft) to Gorkhey (7,546 ft) via Phalut (11,950 ft); 17 km, 6 hours.
Trek from Gorkey and Departure.
- Day 1