- Duration: 6 days/ 5 nights, Dehradun to Dehradun
- Highest Altitude: 3800m
- Grade: Easy ( learn more )
- Terrain: Meadows, forest , snow in winter
- Starts At: Dehradun Railway station (6 AM)
- Ends At: Dehradun
- Region: India - Uttrakhand
- Nearest Rail Head: Dehradun, Uttrakhand
Nuzzled in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, Kedarkantha is a Himalayan mountain peak at an elevation of more than 12000 feet. It is encompassed by Govind Wildlife Sanctuary. It is one of the best winter treks and it brings you to the eye-catching vistas shrouded in white blanket of snow. Snow stays in Kedarkantha during the months from December till April. The beautiful backdrop of snow-clad pine trees looks amazing. Campsites are stunning and you get awesome stopovers along the way. You enjoy the spell binding drive to Kedarkantha as you encounter the lovely scenic views of Mussoorie, Nawgaon, Purola and Mori. After Mori you arrive upon Naitwar which is the beautful base camp of Kedarkantha Trek.
Get best offers on Kedarkantha Trek at a distance of 8-9 hours drive from Dehradun during the best time under reasonable cost. Create an unforgettable memory in the high peaks of Himalayas in cold weather and low temperature.
- Accommodation (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Dehradun to Sankri transfer by private vehicle.
- Sankri to Dehradun transfer by private vehicle.
- Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
- Trek equipments (Sleeping bag, mattress, Kitchen & dinning tent, crampon, utensils, tent)
- All necessary permits and entry fees.
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- Note: TRVME expect from you to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don't want to carry your backpack, you can give it to porter/Mules, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay Rs. 700/- extra per day per bag. Max weight should be 9-10 kg/ bag
Trek from Sankri to Juda-ka-Talab.6,400 feet to 9,100 feet. 4 kms trek, approx 5 hours. The trail passes through dense pine forests, maple trees, and few streams and finally opens out to beautiful meadows. Stay in tents.
Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base.9,100 feet to 11,250 feet. 4 kms trek, approx 2.5 hours. Most of todays trail is on a ridge, under oak trees. You will also pass through some meadows where you can spot shepherd log huts. Peaks: Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana stand among the others. Stay in tents.
Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak; descend to Hargaon camp.11,250 feet to 12,500 feet to 8,900 feet. 6 kms trek, approx 7 hours. Spend some time at the summit and descend back to the base camp by noon for lunch. Post lunch, descend down to Hargaon. Reach Hargaon by evening. Stay in tents.
Hargaon camp to Sankri.8,900 feet to 6,400 feet. 6 kms trek, approx 4 hours. Descend 2500 feet through dense pine forests.
Sankri to Dehradun Transfer.Distance: 220 km drive, approx 10 hours. You will be dropped at Dehradun in a private vehicle.
- Day 1
5starbased on 1 ratings
It is perfect trek for beginners, can be done in 2-3 days only. It is easy to moderate trek.Posted: Nov 30, 2019