- Total Duration – 8 Nights / 9 Days
- altitudeMaximum Altitude – 5100 m/ 17000 ft
- gradeGrade – Moderate.
- seasonBest Season – May to October
- gradeAccommodation – Hotel/Guesthouse; Organized Campsite
- gradeFood – On trek – All meals included
- gradeDistance – 72 KM.
Markha Valley is the dramatic valley of Ladakh from where the Markha River flows. It is perched at an altitude of more than 17000 feet. One can spot the snow clad Kang Yatse Peak during their trek. This trek is the best way to explore the Buddhist culture. The thrilling landscapes of Markha Valley are dotted with Buddhist villages. On the way of your trek, you will also witness prayer stones. Encounter the majestic beauty of the arid topography of Ladakh with Markha Valley Trek. Also known as Tea House Trek, Markha Valley trek enters the Hemis National Park and crosses passes like Gandala La and Kongmaru La.
Experience one of the best treks of Ladakh at Markha Valley Trek and get lost in the dramatic itineraries on your trek comprising the distance of 113 km. Buy the low trek cost during May to October which is the best time to visit.
- Transport required in the trek
- Highly advanced & certified mountaineering guide from TRVME
- Skilled Guide who has ample knowledge of the route.
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like-tents/Foods material)
- Equipments – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats
- Basic First aid Kit.
- Forest Permits and camping charges.
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks
- Personal trekking equipments – like trekking poles or sleeping bag liners
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Food to/from the trail head.
- Note: TRVME expect from you to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don't want to carry your backpack, you can give it to porter/Mules, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay Rs. 700/- extra per day per bag. Max weight should be 9-10 kg/ bag
Leh - Spitok (Drive) - Trek To Zinchen (3200 M).
Zinchen - Yurutse (3900 M) Via Rumbak.
Yurutse - Skiu (3100 M) Via Ganda La.
Skiu - Markha(3800 M).
Markha - Thochuntse.
Thochuntse - Nimaling (4700 M).
Nimaling - Kongmaru La (5150 M) - Sumdo.
Sumdo - Hemis (4 Hrs Trek) - Leh.
- Day 1
5starbased on 1 ratings
Markha Valley is one of the most beautiful places I have visited in my life. The best time to go there is during May-July periodPosted: Sep 30, 2019